Australian's Already Overseas

Can I buy a policy when I'm already overseas?

This information is for residents of Australia only 

Yes! Yes you can!

You can most definitely buy a policy even if you’re already travelling, working, living or studying in another country.

If you buy a policy away from home, there’s a 72 hour waiting period from the time you buy it until cover starts, although there is cover during this waiting period for emergency overseas medical expenses and emergency transport expenses for a sudden illness or serious injury as a result of an accident.

All other cover begins after 72 hours or on the Start Date (if the Start Date you choose is 3 or more days after you buy it), whatever is latest.

You can also keep buying more cover while away from home to extend your trip up to 12 months in total by signing into your SaveSave membership as long as you extend it before the policy end date (before midnight Australian Eastern time) and the same product is available.